In order to enter proteins in your body, you should incorporate eggs in your diet. The consumption of eggs will increase your daily protein count, but also will improve your health as they have 7 grams of this muscle-building nutrient with only 85 calories per egg. Eggs contain several nuttients such as amino acids, antioxidants and iron. Make sure to eat the yolk as well because it has an anti-fat nutrient known as choline.
Always check the label before buying eggs and make sure to buy organic ones since they are free of vaccines, antibiotics or hormones. The choice of color depends on you. According to Molly Morgan (RD and board-certified sports specialist dietician in New York), the color of eggs varies between different chicken types.
Here are only 12 reasons (there are many more) why you should include eggs in your diet:
- Prevent Chances of Heart Disease
LDL cholesterol or otherwise know as bad cholesterol is responsible for transmitting fat molecules in our artery walls and cause atherosclerosis (which leads to gumming up of our arteries). On the other hand, HDL cholesterol particles help in removing fat molecules from arterial walls. But that is not the overall general rule.
Some LDL particle subtypes are different in size. According to many scientific studies, the larger particles are better since people with small and dense LDL particles have higher risk of heart disease in comparison with those with large LDL particles.
The reason why people should consume eggs is because they are likely to increase LDL cholesterol in certain individuals, but research shows that these LDL particles transform from dense and small to large ones. This reduces the chances of cardiovascular problems.
- Strengthening Immune System
In order to eliminate different diseases, infections and viruses, you should consume at least 1 to 2 eggs on a daily basis. Just one egg contains almost a quarter of our Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of selenium. Selenium is a nutrient which helps in strenghtening our immune system and regulates thyroid hormones. Kids definitely need to consume eggs since if they suffer from selenium deficiency, it can cause Kashin-Beck disease and Keshan disease. These diseases could have an effect on the joints, bones and heart.
- Improved Cholesterol Profile
Here are the 3 points about cholesterol that are well known:
- High cholesterol levels are bad for our health.
- Both good and bad types of cholesterol exist.
- Eggs have high levels of cholesterol.
Doctors are mostly concern about the ratio between HDL cholesterol and LDL cholesterol. Eventhough a large egg will have 212mg cholesterol, it dose not mean that eggs cause increase in LDL (bad) cholesterols in our blood. In fact, our body produces cholesterol as well. According to many studies, eggs are capable of improving our cholesterol profile.
So how do eggs help in improving our cholesterol profile?
Eggs have been found to help improve HDL cholesterol levels and the size of the LDL cholesterol particles.
- More Energy
The consumption of eggs can boost our energy because just one egg has 15% of pur vitamin B2 RDA or commonly know as riboflavin which helps in the process of conversion of food into fuel required for producing energy. Egg is also one of the 25 best groups of foods for toning our body.
- Healthier Hair & Skin
Eggs can help us improve our skin, liver, hair and eyes since all they require B-complex vitamins. Moreover, eggs are a rich source of B5 and B12 vitamins as well as vitamin B2. They are essential for the proper function of our nervous system.
- Eggs Make You Feel Fuller
Eggs are actually the best source of high quality protein when compared to other sources. Many studies have shown the positive effects of high protein diets on our appetite. Eggs have been found to score high on the Satiety Index. This means they make you feel fuller faster.
- Fat Loss
Due to the fact that eggs have very high score on the Satiety Index, they are associated with fat loss. In a study, one group was given eggs and other bagels in breakfast for 8 weeks. The calorie count was kept same.
When the results came up, they showed that the group which was given eggs lost 65% more body fat and experienced 61% recduction in their Body Mass Index. Moreover, they also had34% more decline in the circumference of their waist.
- Protecting Your Brain
As we previosuly mentioned, eggs contain choline, an essential nutrient and that’s why they are an excellent food choice for our brain. It is in fact part of our cell membranes and is essential to synthesize acetylcholine, a crucial neurotransmitter. According to several studies, lack of choline can lower cognitive function and lower neurological disorders.
- Eggs as Potential Life Savers
It is little know fact that our body is capable of producing 11 essential amino acids required for sustaining life. However, our body requires 20 essential amino acids. The reason why eggs are so important for us is because the rest of the 9 amino acids cannot be found elswhere but in eggs. The deficiency of these 9 essential amino acids can cause skin color changes, hair texture changes, decline in immune response, fatigue, weakness and muscle wasting.
- Lesser Anxiety & Stress
The consumption of eggs will help you compensate those 9 essential amino acids, but if you fail to incorporate them, it could lead to mental disorders. The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences published a study in 2004 which claims that anxiety and stress levels can be lowered with supplementation of lysine, which will help in modulation of serotonin in our nervous system.
- Protection for Eyes
In order to protect your eyes, you need to consume eggs as they contain eye-friendly antioxidants called lutein and zeaxanthin. It should be mentioned that they are contained in the yolk.These antioxidants significantly reduce the chances of cataracts and macular degeneration (the two main causes behind blindness and vision impairment in the old
- Improved Bone & Teeth Health
Vitamin D is crucial nutrient for the health and strenght of our teeth and bones. Eventhough it is hard to find this vitamin in naturally available foods, eggs are the ones that contain vitamin D. The consumption of eggs will help us protect our bones and teeth by promoting calcium absorption. Moreover, this mineral is also essential for the maintenance of proper functioning and health of our colon, heart and metabolism.
source and courtesy: dailyhealthgen.com
HERE ARE SIX YOU CAN PUT INTO USE TODAY:
1. TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WHAT TO DO WITH THEIR EMOTIONS.
2. TALK ABOUT ETHICS, RESPONSIBILITY, AND YOUR CHILD’S ROLE IN THEIR COMMUNITY.
3. EXPAND YOUR CHILD’S WORLD.
4. PRACTICE GRATITUDE AT HOME.
5. SET – AND MAINTAIN – ETHICAL STANDARDS.
6. SPEND TIME GETTING TO KNOW YOUR CHILDREN.
The human mind is incredibly powerful and complex. There is so much that we've yet to learn about it, but there is also an incredible amount that we do know about it.
It's fascinating. It's captured the attention of psychologists, neurologists, and scholars since the very beginnings of science as a practice.
So, there are a few tips and tricks that we've learned about the human brain and how it operates. It would behoove you to know at least a few of them, because they make life that much easier:
If you want people to take you seriously
If you want important information to stick with others, tell them that your father or mother taught you about it. People are naturally inclined to believe the advice or information that parents have to offer.
When you want others to agree with what you're saying
If you want others to agree with you, simply nod your head as you talk. Nodding indicates that whatever you're saying is genuine, and people tend to nod back as a general rule of behavioral social patterns.
When you want your kids to eat their vegetables
Instead of asking if they would like to eat vegetables, give them an option of more or less of that particular vegetable. That way, you've decided they're going to eat vegetables, but they feel as though they've had a hand in the decision-making by getting to choose how much of that vegetable to eat.
So, ask them if they want two pieces of broccoli, or five pieces.
Paraphrase to show you're listening
Part of being a good listener is actually listening to what others have to say. You will come off as sincere and genuine when you listen to a person if you can paraphrase what they said back to them in agreement. However, don't take it too far and repeat everything they've said verbatim, find a balance.
When you want someone's help
If you need assistance doing something, start by telling the person, "I need your help." This will make it seem like you really need them, making them feel guilty when they contemplate not helping you.
If you think someone is watching you
When you can't shake the feeling that someone is watching you, do your best to let out a legitimate yawn. If you can yawn and look around a bit, the person watching you will likely yawn as well due to how contagious this behavior is.
source and courtesy: higherperspectives.com
2.“You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.”
Anger is a lethal weapon. Apart from slaying the enemy, it also slays you. When you’re angry, your words deceive you and they hurt others. Therefore, it’s advisable to remain silent and not speak when something annoys you.
3. "You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
We often expect to receive love and affection from others. In that process, we start neglecting ourselves. We try too hard to get attention. However, we forget that loving one's own self comes before loving others. You cannot love selflessly, until and unless you understand yourself.
4. “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”
The message here is to think happy thoughts that will keep you happy throughout the day. Being optimistic is better than having negative thoughts. Seeing the glass half-full is a way better perspective than seeing the glass half empty.
5. “You only lose what you cling to.”
Getting attached to a thing is the biggest mistake we can make in our lives. It is when we get too dependent on it that we start losing it.
6. “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
Indeed an enlightening quote! Here, Buddha wants us to learn from our own experiences and not from the reviews of others. What suits one person may not necessarily suit another.
7. “Physical charms attract the eyes, goodness attracts the mind.”
Good looks are an asset - however, a good character is an identity. It’s completely wrong to judge someone only by their looks and not by their character.
8. “Just as on a rubbish heap swept up on a main road a purely fragrant, delightful lotus might there spring up, even so amidst those rubbish heaps (of men) does the savaka of the Perfectly Enlightened One outshine in insight the blind puthujjana”
Even if you’re surrounded by filth, but you’re strong enough to resist the bad, you will grow like a lotus in a mud lake. If you’re a student, with hard work, you will outshine all other ordinary students.
9. “When you like a flower, you just pluck it. But when you love a flower, you water it daily.”
1. The first distinguishing feature of his teachings lay in the recognition of the mind as the centre of everything.
2. Mind precedes things, dominates them, creates them. If mind is comprehended, all things are comprehended.
3. Mind is the leader of all its faculties. Mind is the chief of all its faculties. The very mind is made up of those faculties.
4. The first thing to attend to is the culture of the mind.
5. The second distinguishing feature of his teachings is that mind is the fount of all the good and evil that arises within, and befalls us from without.
6. Whatsoever there is of evil, connected with evil, belonging to evil–that issues from the mind. Whatsoever there is of good, connected with good, belonging to good–all issues from mind.
7. If one speaks or acts with a pounded [=polluted?] mind, then affliction follows him as the wheels of the cart follow the feet of the bullocks who pull the cart. The cleaning of the mind is, therefore, the essence of religion.
8. The third distinguishing feature of his teachings is the avoidance of all sinful acts.
9. The fourth distinguishing feature of his teaching is that real religion lies not in the books of religion, but in the observance of the tenets of the religion.
Can anyone say that the Buddha’s Dhamma was not his own creation?
There are a number of specific foods; however, that you will want to avoid in almost every circumstance because they provide virtually no health benefits while posing plenty of health risks. Here are ten foods you should never eat again if you care about preserving your long-term health:
- Soda. Regular soda is a huge source of sugar and a variety of other chemicals that have been linked to several different types of cancer. These provide absolutely no nutritional value to you and can lead to diabetes as well. Even diet soda carries risks, as it’s made with a lot of chemicals to make up for the lack of sugar, and these have been linked to diseases and cancers.
- Canned Tomato Sauce. You might not associate canned tomatoes and tomato sauces with high fructose corn syrup when you’re making spaghetti and meatballs. However, when it comes to hidden sources of sugar, your favorite canned tomato sauce is likely one of the sweetest culprits, secretly contributing to increased rates of obesity, diabetes, coronary artery disease, and dental decay.
- Deli Meats. Nitrates may sound like a ticking time bomb, which isn’t far from the truth when you consider the levels of sodium, preservatives, and additives that lend deli meats—like ham, salami, and bologna—their rosy shade. Adults who regularly partake risk increased rates of heart disease, and cancer. While studies show that meat lunching kids are prone to learning issues and behavioral conditions.
- Artificial Sweeteners. You might have made the swap from refined white sugar to an artificial sweetener—like acesulfame potassium, aspartame, neotame, saccharin, or sucralose—because artificial sweeteners contain fewer calories. Numerous studies have linked low- and zero-calorie foods and beverages to heightened risk of metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, weight gain, and cardiovascular disease. In fact, many food scientists consider aspartame “the most dangerous substance on the planet.” If you need a touch of sweetness, use natural agave syrup, honey, or real maple syrup sparingly.
image credits: www.scoopwhoop.com
- Margarine. People choose margarine over butter because it doesn’t have cholesterol in it, but what you need to pay attention to is what IS in it! Margarine is extremely high in trans-fat, which can damage your blood vessels and even increase your cholesterol.
- Bottled salad dressings. The worst thing you can do to sabotage a fresh, nutritious, crisp salad is by drowning it in bottled salad dressing! Even the fat-free or reduced fat dressings are packed with sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and artificial colors.
- Whole dairy. Aside from the fact that whole-milk dairy products contain far too many saturated (or bad) fats, they’re also jam-packed with another ingredient that will put you off your cereal—bovine growth hormone (BGH). This synthetic hormone is engineered in a lab to boost the milk production of cows.
- Hot Dogs. By hot dogs I’m really referring to any smoked, cured, or salted meat that contains chemical preservatives. However, hot dogs carried the brunt of food criticism thanks to medical and media reports. For instance, findings from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine claimed that processed “hot dogs should carry cigarette-style warning labels!” It turns out America’s favorite ballpark treat is so full of sodium, chemicals, and toxins that regular weekly consumption can increase your risk of colorectal cancer by about 21-percent. Luckily, chemical free hot dogs and sausages are yours for the taking at organic butchers and often straight from the farm.
- Potato chips. Before you reach for that bag of potato chips; think again! These are filled with a lot of fat and calories, but did you know they are also loaded with dangerous chemicals? Most chips are made with acrylamide, which is created when foods are fried at extremely high temperatures. This chemical is linked to cancer, which can result in death.
- White bread, refined flours. By definition, white bread and refined flours in general are toxic for your body because they have been stripped of virtually all vitamins, minerals, fiber, and other important nutrients. Because of this, the body does not know how to properly digest and assimilate these so-called foods, which can lead to health problems. Refined white flour has also been bleached with chlorine and brominated with bromide, two poisonous chemicals that have been linked to causing thyroid and organ damage.
Having white spots on your fingernails could mean one of many possible health concerns.In this article we will look at the possible causes of white fingernail spots and if you need to talk to your medical professional about your symptoms.
The fingernail acts like a protective shield over the tip of the fingernail and its sensitive nerve endings. You can get white spots on your fingernails anywhere along the nail. The nail root is the part near your cuticle curve where the new nail grows from. The nail plate is the part of the nail that you can see the most of; the curved length of the nail. The nail bed is the active part that has blood vessels underneath the nail plate. The nail bed gives the nail plate its usual pink color unless you get white spots on your nail plate.
HERE’S WHAT THOSE WHITE SPOTS ON YOUR FINGERNAILS REVEAL ABOUT YOUR HEALTH
WHAT ARE THOSE WHITE SPOTS ON YOUR FINGERNAILS?
POSSIBLE NUTRIENT DEFICIENCIES
ILLNESSES THAT ARE REVEALED BY WHITE SPOTS ON YOUR FINGERNAILS
- ► 2017 (474)
10/02 - 10/09
- To Live Longer, Study Suggests Getting Your Protei...
- 12 THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO YOUR BODY WHEN YOU EAT EG...
- Harvard Researchers Share 6 Tips For Raising Kind ...
- 6 Psychological Tricks Everyone Needs To Know
- 11 Lessons From The Buddha That Will Help You Win ...
- 5 Ways Buddha Taught To Maintain A Happy Life
- What The Buddha Accepted?
- 4 KIDNEY Damage Symptoms You Are Most Likely To Ig...
- 10 EVERYDAY FOODS THAT ARE SLOWLY KILLING YOU
- What The White Spots On Your Fingernails Reveal Ab...
- Pick A Color To See What It Reveals About Your Per...
- Indecisive About Life? Follow These 8 Steps And Yo...
- 4 FOODS THAT CAN HARM YOUR MEMORY & THE LIST OF FO...
- 3 Simple Ways To Meditate Everyday
- Beware! Always Read Labels Before Buying Toothpast...
- 5 Things That Happen In Honest Relationships
- HERE’S WHY WOMEN NEED MORE SLEEP THAN MEN
- Psychologists Reveal The 4 Main Elements That Dete...
- 10 SIGNS YOUR BODY IMMEDIATELY NEEDS MORE WATER TH...
- WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE?
- This Simple Sitting Exercise Tells You Exactly How...
- If You Have This Blood Type, Your DNA Might Just B...
- Four Stages of Enlightenment According To The Budd...
- Buddhism And Sex
- Ancient Alien Skull Found In Egyptian Burial Chamb...
- Beginners Guide To Mindfulness Meditation
- 5 Things Men Do When They’re Truly In Love
- Ever Wondered Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The ...
- TRYING TO QUIT SMOKING? HERE’S WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU...
- THIS POISON DESTROYS YOUR BONES. BUT EVERYONE DRIN...
- PUT GARLIC IN YOUR MOUTH AND KEEP IT THERE FOR 30 ...
- This Is Why You Need To Drink Water First Thing in...
- There Is A Little Buddha In Everybody
- NASA Has Discovered A Buddha Statue On Mars! Do Yo...
- 3 THINGS YOU’RE NOT BEING TOLD ABOUT THE LAW OF AT...
- SALT, PEPPER And LEMON Can Solve These 9 Problems ...
- What Buddha Said About What To Believe And About O...
- The 290 Million Year Old Fossil Human Footprint – ...
- A 69-Year-Old Monk Who Scientists Call The 'World'...
- This Tiny Buddhist Country Is Going 100 Percent Or...
- 20 Body Language Tricks that Make Others Like You
- ▼ 10/02 - 10/09 (41)